The number and power of cybercriminal threats such as phishing, malware, ransomware and application vulnerabilities, a larger IT footprint caused by the growing internet of things, multiple platforms, innovations such as facial recognition and increased reliance on technology, have significantly escalated the need for cyber professionals to defend against those threats in the years ahead.
According to U.S. News & World Report, cybersecurity is 7th on a list of the 100 best jobs in 2017. The need for IT security has never been greater and the demand for IT Security professionals will grow increasingly in the years to come.
CultureLink’s IT Security Bridge Training Program offers internationally-trained professionals with an understanding of information technology the opportunity to obtain an entry level position in the well-paid profession of IT Security. Participants will get CISSP training, mentoring, networking opportunities, help with resumes and interviews, insight into the Canadian workplace and job strategies they can use to find jobs in their field. Although the training only takes 3 weeks, you’ll be able to access all of our other supports for the duration of the program.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
As a Student:
- Permanent residents or those who are in the process of becoming permanent residents and convention refugees
- Have some background in IT or coding
- Good English (CLB-7/8)
As a Mentor
- At least three years of work experience in Canada
- Knowledgeable about the CISSP Certificate and what is required to pass the test
- Willing to complete a three-hour mandatory training
- Can commit 35 volunteer hours for the next six months
To sign up for the course, please fill out the registration form and contact Julia Wang at 416.588.6288, x240 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or assistance.