Become a Volunteer Event Planner with NEAT and learn to organize guided tours for the general community!
Join 2017 NEAT teams!
- Are you a newcomer looking for hands-on “Canadian” work experience?
- Are you interested in event planning or project management?
- Do you enjoy history, architecture, nature?
- Do you enjoy walking, exploring and meeting new people?
- Do you want to learn new skills or enhance your current skills?
- Are you looking for flexible volunteer hours that would fit well with your schedule?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then NEAT Mentorship is the Program for you!
The 2017 NEAT teams will work during the fall and winter and may be asked to organize winter activities (weather permitting) such as skating, tobogganing, snow sculpturing, hiking, etc.
- Must be an immigrant or convention refugee over the age of 18
- Must be able to commit to the program for a period of 4 to 6 months
- Willingness to travel within Toronto
- Ability to walk for a couple of hours or more
- Willingness to spend time outdoors during fall/winter
- Interest in exploring Toronto, organizing winter activities, learning new skills, openness to new ideas and using one’s full potential
- Ability/willingness to work in a team as well as independently
- English Language Level 4 and up is encouraged.
Contact Rubeen Chauhan, Mentorship Program Worker (NEAT, Wintegration & Citizenship) at: 416-588-6288 x 231 for further details or questions. Click here to find past and future events.
Most orientation Sessions, Match Meetings and training are held at CultureLink’s office: 2340 Dundas Street West, Suite 301 (Near Dundas West Subway station)
Like us on Facebook: CultureLink New Immigrants Connection
“Thank you very much for the trip yesterday to Terra Cotta Conservation Area. We enjoyed it a lot. It was super and a great experience for us. We walked, saw a lake, learned about animals, tress and forest, touched the beaver pelt, beaver jaw, deer antlers, turtle shell. The children played and took a lot of photos. It was fun[ny]. Thank you again.”
-Sara, Ruslana, Gabriela