Date(s) - 15/04/2020 - 15/06/2020
10:00 am - 2:30 pm
The Interview Squad is a team of HR Professionals that prepare newcomers for Canadian job interviews.
Mentors are selected for this program for their professional experience in recruiting and interviewing job seekers. In all of the sessions, they will give participants insights on how to work with recruiters and useful tips on what employers are looking for.
Throughout the program, there are many opportunities to practice for different types of interviews. Each time, mentors tailor the interview to the participant’s career interest and provide feedback. In the long run, participants gain confidence in their ability to sell their talent and experience. As a result, they are able to successfully navigate the hiring process.
The program includes a Networking Event with HR professionals.
The Interview Squad Calendar (To Be Updated)
- March 24, 10:00 am – 2:30 pm: Information Session and Prescreening Interview
- March 24 to April 10, by appointment: Resume adjustments by CultureLink’s Employment Counselor
- April 10 to May 1, by appointment: Resume adjustments by Interview Squad Mentors
- April 2, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm: ‘Interview in Canada’ Workshop
- April 3, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm: Resume from the Employer’s Perspective
- April 7, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm: Navigating the Interview and Hiring Processes in a Unionized Environment
- April 14, 17, 20, 21 and 27, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm: More about Interviews
- May 4, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm: First Practice Session for the HR Interview
- Upon request, by appointment: Technical/Information Interview
- May 11, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Second Practice Session for the HR Interview
- May 5 to June 1, by appointment: Interview Practice (Phone and HR Interviews)
- To Be Announced: Telus Communication HR Department Networking & Consultation Session
NOTE: You must be a Permanent Resident to attend this workshop.
Contact Eman at 416-588-6288 ext. 219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The last day to register is March 18, 2020. Spots are limited.
For more information visit the Interview Squad page.