Are you an internationally trained skilled immigrant who is new to Canada? Have you been using the same strategies that made you successful in your home country only to find they don’t work here? Do you need someone to guide you to conducting a successful job search in your field? Are you struggling to find a connection in your professional field?
The Community Connections Career Mentoring program is here to help you build crucial business connections and obtain personal support for your job search. Our long-term volunteer mentors and speed networking mentors will help you to improve your employment outlook so that you are successful.
WHAT YOU GET
- exposure to current and accurate industry information
- connections to people who already hold the positions that you are seeking
- guidance in setting an attainable career goal and a practical action plan
- coaching to improve English communication and understanding of workplace culture
- guidance in developing effective job-search and self-marketing strategies
- assistance to establish professional networks and enrich your social capital
- peer support and networking through a dynamic group mentoring approach
Who is it for?
- You are a Permanent Resident
- You have a professional qualification outside of Canada, but no Canadian experience in your profession
- Your English proficiency level is job-ready
- You have a basic knowledge of the Canadian labour market
- You can commit to at least 30 hours within the next six months to meet with a mentor and participate in our programs–attendance is required
- You are diligent and highly motivated to look for work in your profession
Meet our Mentors!
To participate in the program, fill out and submit CCMP’s Newcomer Registration Form.
You will be invited to speed-mentoring events where you will be able to interact with our one-off mentors, attend our Informational Interview Nights, and/or be matched with one mentor for a period of 3 to 6 months for long-term mentoring.
For upcoming dates, visit CultureLink’s Event Calendar.
For more information, contact Rubina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Victor at email@example.com.
“I attended my first mentoring/networking event in Canada, which happened to be the one you ensured I showed up for.. with a complete team of HR folks, and I walk out of this event feeling confident about landing myself a job already. Can’t quite tell you the feeling. It was like I wasn’t alone in my search for meaningful work. Today I [am] work[ing] full time with CIBC as a business systems analyst…Keep doing the great work you do. We all need you to.” – Rohan Dia
“I started my job in CIBC on August 15, as Financial Services Representative. This could not be done without the opportunities which Culture Link provided me to meet relevant people. I want you to know how much I appreciate you and your colleagues’ support and help.” – Zinat Moradinia
“We all feel very fortunate to have this opportunity to work with so closely with CultureLink, and its “Purpose” towards mentorship|hiring events like today’s. From all of us at Team CIBC we want to Thank you, and Team CultureLink for your all your hard work towards setting the stage for another very successful event all around!! – Andrew Vassos, District Vice-President, CIBC