The program that helps newcomers become ready for their job search. It teaches them how to showcase their talents and experience with confidence to Canadian employers. It prepares them to successfully navigate the hiring process. With a focus on mentorship, it is run by HR professionals with solid interviewing experience, to ensure the highest quality of training.
The program is conducted in person, with some over the phone and Skype sessions. Highly lauded by past graduate, for one of every four participants have landed a job in their chosen career.
- Provide newcomers with the right techniques to be successful in interviews.
- Improve their self-confidence.
- Broaden their professional network.
- Help them learn more about the workplace culture.
You can join the Interview Squad Program if:
- You are a Permanent Resident.
- You held a professional qualification outside of Canada but have no Canadian experience in your profession.
- You have a job-ready level of English proficiency.
- You have a basic knowledge of the Canadian labour market.
- You can commit to at least 30 hours, to attend the required training and workshops.
- You are diligent and highly motivated to look for work in your profession.
You will get a chance to:
- Network with mentors who are professionals with solid interview experience
- Get the inside track on what employers are looking for from the experts
- Practice and receive feedback in all levels of interview (phone/HR /technical)
To register contact:
Eman El Atawy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline is March 29, 2021. Limited spots are available.
You can also download, print and save the program flyer here.
If you have any questions regarding the Interview Squad program, please contact Eman El Atawy at 416-588-6288 ext: 219 or email her at email@example.com
Interview Squad Program Schedule:
|Pre screening||March 5, 2021- March 28, 2021||Flexible by appointment|
|Program orientation||March 29, 2021||10:30 am to 11:30 am|
|1-Interview in Canada from Canadian culture perspective (workshop)
2- Interview question practice: Tell me about yourself.
Founder & Principal Consultant, TalentEd Consulting Inc.
|March 30, 2021 &
April 6, 2021
|10:30 am to 1:00 pm|
|1-Resume from the employer ‘s perspective
2-How to answer Non-STAR interview questions
Jiyin Tu: HR specialist
|April 1, 2021 &
April 15, 2021
|5:30 to 8:00 pm|
|1-How to interview successfully in Canada
2-How to answer STAR interview questions
3- LinkedIn strategies
HR Professional & Project Manager
|April 10, 2021,
April 24, 2021 &
May 8, 2021
|10:30 am to 1:00 pm|
|“The Right Resume”
Retired HR Manager & Instructor
|April 13, 2021||10:30 am to 1:30 pm|
|Resume Editing by Sonya||April 16, 2021 to April 23, 2021||45 minutes one on one by appointment|
|Interview Group Practice||May 6, 2021 & May 13, 2021||6:00 pm to 8:30 pm|
|Interview practice One on one(Phone & HR interview)||May 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021 (Flexible by appointment)||45 min Interview & 30 min to an hour Feedback 2 to 4 Interviews|
|Technical/ Information Interview ( if available)||June 15, 2021 to June 30, 2021 (Flexible by appointment)||45 min Interview & 30 min to an hour Career specific feedback (if available)|
- Network with mentors who are professionals with solid interview experience.
- Get the inside track on what employers are looking for from the experts.
- Practice and receive feedback on all levels of the interview (phone/HR /technical).
- Attend networking events.
- Know how to work with recruiters.