CultureLink Settlement & Community Services (CultureLink) is seeking a volunteer Board Member who shares our vision, is committed to the direction of our work and is reflective of our diverse community.
The successful candidate will be passionate about serving the settlement non-profit sector, identify with the vision & values of CultureLink, and will have high ethical standards.
We are currently looking for a board member with some IT knowledge and experience to round out the skill set of our current members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Administration or a technology-related function.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, Firewalls, and networking
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO27001
- Passionate about serving the settlement non-profit sector
- Identify with the vision & values of CultureLink
- High ethical standards
- Governance/accountability management experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Previous Board experience is an asset
- Selected candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Board members are responsible for:
- The governance of the organization
- Strategic direction
- Oversight of the organization’s financial management, risk management, programming and personnel management practices
Board members serve for two years with a maximum of three consecutive terms and are required to attend six Board meetings a year, including the Annual General Meeting.
Members are required to prepare for meetings by reading the Board materials ahead of time and actively participate in and contribute to the meetings. They will also be required to join at least one Board committee and participate in their meetings, typically held 5 – 6 times per year. Where possible, they will support the organization by attending key organization events.
The Board of Directors is currently meeting remotely due to COVID. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted the meetings will be held in the organization’s main office in Toronto.
Kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2021.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview.