Kick-start your Cybersecurity career with a FREE 8-week training.
If you are a newcomer interested in pursuing a career in Cybersecurity, CultureLink’s training program will give you the tools to get you started. Cybersecurity professionals from around the globe contributed to the development of this course. We use ISACA’s ITCA curriculum and all material follows ISACA standards.
CultureLink’s Cybersecurity Training Program
- Free lectures, online practice materials, and practice exams
- Monthly networking sessions with potential future employers and cybersecurity professionals
- Access to employment counselling and settlement referrals
Our training program uses a hybrid learning model, where tech-savvy students benefit from sessions in real-time as well as independent study time, always under the direction and assistance of industry professionals:
- Students review the material before each class
- ‘Homework” is assigned weekly in preparation for Q&A sessions
- Students meet weekly with Cybersecurity professionals to discuss particular areas of interest in-depth.
- Peer study groups enable students to help one another
- One week of Canadian Career Development Training (Monday-Friday, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm)
- Seven weeks of Technical Training for the Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate (Wednesdays and Fridays, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm)
- A mock exam after completing the preparation classes for the certificate
Who can participate?
- Newcomers with post-secondary education in IT, background or high interest in IT, and an understanding of coding
- Permanent Resident (PR) or Convention Refugee ONLY
- A minimum of CLB level 7 & 8 – Proof of a valid CLB level 7 & 8 in all the four areas i-e reading, writing, listening & speaking, CLB Language assessment, completed within the last 24 months
How to register?
- Attend an Information Session
- Email expression of interest in registering for the program
- Receive and submit our Intake Form
- Those who qualify will be asked to submit documents for registration
- Successful applicants will receive confirmation of registration and the start date of their training
Upcoming Training Dates
September 13th, 2021
October 11th, 2021
Upcoming Information Session Dates
September 24th 2021 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm (in partnership with Achev – Malton location)
September 28th 2021 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm (in partnership with The Neighbourhood Organization)
October 1st 2021 from 10:00 – 11:00 am (in partnership with YWCA – Jump Scarbrough)
October 21st 2021 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm (in partnership with Tropicana Employment Services)
October 25th 2021 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm (in partnership with Achev – Mississauga location)
October 26th 2021 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm (in partnership with The Neighbourhood Organization)
Frequently Asked Questions
Which two designations does CultureLink offer training for?
Network and Infrastructures Fundamentals, and Cybersecurity Fundamentals.
What will I learn from this training?
You will advance your knowledge in connection and layers, as well as network architecture language and infrastructure. You will develop a great understanding of security operations, response of information security, threat landscape and securing assets.
Is ISACA’s certificate exam part of CultureLink’s Cybersecurity training?
No, it is not included.
Are ISACA’s exams free of cost?
No, they are not free and they are not covered by CultureLink’s program. The fee is available on their website.
What is the required English proficiency level for this training?
Written and verbal English proficiency is required for admission to the training. We may require proof of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) level 7-8 in all assessment areas (reading, writing, listening, and speaking). Or the equivalent, 9-10 scores in International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
I am still waiting for a decision on my refugee claim. Can I apply for this training?
No. You can ONLY apply for this free training after you have received status as a convention refugee.
Can I apply for this training if my Permanent Residence card is expired?
No. You can ONLY apply for this free training after you have renewed your Permanent Residence status.
Will I get a job after attending the cybersecurity training?
The program does not guarantee a job offer. However, part of the training consists of drafting a career plan and job search strategy including interview preparation. This support will continue after the training if needed.
Can I re-apply if I was not selected for the training?
Yes. You can apply for the next cohort after providing proof of improvement in the areas of concern.