CultureLink offers placement opportunities to students enrolled in programs related to social services, office administration and education. The following universities, colleges, and community-learning institutions are currently working in partnership with CultureLink:
- University of Toronto
- York University
- Ryerson University
- Guelph University
- Humber College
- Seneca College
- George Brown College
- Sheridan College
- Academy of Learning
- Citi College
- Working Skills Centre
- Review our website to familiarize yourself with our organization and programs.
- Write a cover letter answering these three questions:
- What is your interest in CultureLink? What specific program(s) would you like to get involved with?
- Why are you a great candidate for the position you are seeking?
- What added value will you bring to CultureLink?
- Write your resume to highlight the experience that is relevant to the position you are seeking.
- Send your resume, cover letter and Application Form stating your placement interests to the Executive Assistant at JBharat@culturelink.ca.
Please apply at least six weeks ahead of the placement start date.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview with a potential supervisor.
Successful applicants will be placed with a program.
Orientation and Evaluation:
- Incoming students will be invited to an on-boarding session, taking place in the first week of their placement.
The session will introduce the agency, its policies and procedures, and an agency tour.
- Students will then be placed with a staff member and the student will develop, with staff feedback and guidance, a learning plan.
- Students will fulfill the learning plan under the supervision of the staff member during the agreed period of placement.
- An exit evaluation will be conducted at the end of the placement to evaluate the student level of satisfaction and to request feedback to improve our placement program.
For more information, please contact the Executive Assistant at JBharat@culturelink.ca.
“I am so grateful that I chose to do my placement at CultureLink. I have been able to learn so many different skills and to practice the theory I learn in class in real world situations. My supervisor was especially supportive and always helped me find the projects and people on the CCMP team that would allow me to achieve my learning goals. She gave me freedom to experiment, fail and succeed and always helped me see each new activity as a success in my learning process. In fact, I achieved my extensive list of learning goals by the end of my 8 month placement, but also walked away with invaluable experience in so many unexpected areas. The CCMP team are extremely friendly and welcoming to new people and ideas and management even stepped in and motivated me to work with new and challenging projects. The staff at CultureLink always made me feel at home and I was very sad to finish my placement, though endlessly grateful for what everyone allowed me to and helped me to accomplish.”
-Rachel Bennett: CCMP Placement Student (September 2016-April 2017)