CultureLink offers placement opportunities to students enrolled in programs related to social services, office administration and education. The following universities, colleges, and community-learning institutions are currently working in partnership with CultureLink:
- University of Toronto
- York University
- Ryerson University
- Guelph University
- Humber College
- Seneca College
- George Brown College
- Sheridan College
- Academy of Learning
- Citi College
- Working Skills Centre
– To apply for a placement position at CultureLink, please review our website to become familiar with our programs. Send your resume, cover letter and Application Form stating your placement interests to the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply at least six weeks ahead of the placement start date.
– An interview will be scheduled with potential supervisor.
– If staff and student are willing and able to work together, an on-boarding session will be scheduled with the Office Manager to provide orientation on Student Placement Policy, Agency Overview, Health and Safety procedures, and agency tour. These typically held on the third Tuesday of each month, between 4 and 6pm.
– Student will then be placed with staff. A learning plan has to be in place which the student will develop with staff feedback and guidance.
– Future activities include field instruction, monitoring and evaluation.
– An electronic exit evaluation is done at the end of the placement to evaluate the student level of satisfaction and to request feedback to improve our practice.
For more information, please contact the Office Manager at email@example.com.
“I am so grateful that I chose to do my placement at CultureLink. I have been able to learn so many different skills and to practice the theory I learn in class in real world situations. My supervisor was especially supportive and always helped me find the projects and people on the CCMP team that would allow me to achieve my learning goals. She gave me freedom to experiment, fail and succeed and always helped me see each new activity as a success in my learning process. In fact, I achieved my extensive list of learning goals by the end of my 8 month placement, but also walked away with invaluable experience in so many unexpected areas. The CCMP team are extremely friendly and welcoming to new people and ideas and management even stepped in and motivated me to work with new and challenging projects. The staff at CultureLink always made me feel at home and I was very sad to finish my placement, though endlessly grateful for what everyone allowed me to and helped me to accomplish.”
-Rachel Bennett: CCMP Placement Student (September 2016-April 2017)