Settlement Workers in the Community are there to assist newcomer families and youth with their settlement needs and integration process. The settlement worker provides group information and one-on-one services in order to help newcomers overcome their settlement barriers.
We currently run various services such as:
- O2O – Are you planning to settle in Ontario? Or have you been living here and not sure how to access certain resources? The Orientation to Ontario (O2O) workshop is a great opportunity to have all your settlement questions answered.
- One-On-One Settlement Assistance – Having immigration problems and not sure who can help? Having difficulties accessing specific resources? A one-on-one meeting with our settlement worker will help you to receive information and referrals you need.
- Workshops and Group Sessions – Our settlement program workers deliver a variety of free workshops for newcomers at the libraries and community centres.
- Roma Community Services – Do you speak Hungarian, Czech, or Slovak? Need help filling out application forms or accessing resources? Please come in to see a Roma Community Settlement Worker.
- Syrian Community Services – We offer various programs such as mentor support, settlement assistance, art programs for youth and much more.
- Help with Immigration – Do you have any immigration questions and not sure who to ask? Wondering what steps to take to sponsor a family member? Do you need help filling out immigration applications? Or do you have a hearing coming up and need support?
- Integration and settlement services: Support for Vulnerable and Refugee Women and Youth .