Settlement Workers serving in the community provide information, referrals and integration assistance to the newcomer clients, including one-on-one services and group sessions.
We currently run various settlement community services such as:
- One-On-One Settlement Assistance – Having difficulties accessing specific resources? Or looking for someone to help with your family settlement transition? A one-on-one meeting with our LSP (Library Settlement Partnerships) & SWCS (Settlement Workers in Community Spaces) program worker will help you to receive information and referrals you need.
- Workshops and Group Sessions – Our LSP & SWCS settlement workers deliver a variety of free workshops for newcomers at the libraries and community centres.
- Help with Immigration – If you have any immigration questions or need help filling out immigration applications, would like to sponsor your family member, or have a hearing coming up and need support, NSP (Newcomer Settlement Program) workers can help you.
- O2O – Are you planning to settle in Ontario? Or have you been living
here and not sure how to access certain resources? The Orientation to Ontario (O2O) workshop is a great opportunity to have all your settlement questions answered.
- Roma Community Services – Do you speak Hungarian, Czech, or Slovak? Need help filling out application forms or accessing resources? Please come in to see a Roma Community Settlement Worker who speaks your language.
- Syrian Community Services – We offer various programs such as mentor support, settlement assistance, art programs for youth and much more.