CultureLink’s Interview Squad is a program that helps newcomers become ready for their job search. It teaches them how to showcase their talents and experience with confidence to Canadian employers. It prepares them to successfully navigate the hiring process. As part of the Community Connections Mentorship Program, it focuses on mentorship and led by HR professionals with solid interviewing experience, to ensure the highest quality of training. One of every four participants have landed a job in their chosen career.
- Provide newcomers with the right techniques to be successful in interviews.
- Improve their self-confidence.
- Broaden their professional network.
- Help them learn more about the workplace culture.
You can join the Interview Squad Program if:
- You are a Permanent Resident.
- You held a professional qualification outside of Canada but have no Canadian experience in your profession.
- You have a job-ready level of English proficiency.
- You have a basic knowledge of the Canadian labour market.
- You can commit to at least 30 hours, to attend the required training and workshops.
- You are diligent and highly motivated to look for work in your profession.
You will get a chance to:
- Network with mentors who are professionals with solid interview experience
- Get the inside track on what employers are looking for from the experts
- Practice and receive feedback in all levels of interview (phone/HR /technical)
- Attend networking events.
- Learn how to work with recruiters.
“This program helped me land my dream job in Canada and words will fall short to say how much I loved the unique experience of the program. I would encourage all newcomers to participate and wish everyone all the best in their job search in Canada.”